Friday, October 30, 2009

An Ode to The Halloween Costume...

Naturally, I adore Halloween, and everything about it. I often will spend months planning my costume, and think about it year around. Not to say I have any opposition to costumes on any given day, but there is a certain allure to dressing up on Halloween, and the magical childlike darkness that comes with it, that can't be found year round.

This year I have made a dress of maxipads and tampons and splatter dyed it bloody red. I was also commissioned by Ben to make a fabulous "Max" a la "Where The Wild Things Are" costume. He was very pleased with it, and I can't say I disagree with him.

Photobucket

Here are some of my favorite personal costumes from past years:

Photobucket
Bride of Death, 2004

Photobucket
Jackson Pollack Painting, 2005

Photobucket
Edwarda Scissorhands, 2006

Photobucket
Bloody Crow, 2007

Photobucket
Marie Antoinette-wore this dress last year but can't find pics of me in it!!


Another Halloween. Stay tuned for pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment