Saturday, March 26, 2011

Life Outside NY Part 1: Austin and SXSW

As many of you know I am on a bit of a leave from New York for a few months. After doing nearly a dozen shows in less then a 6 month period, moving from Brooklyn into Manhattan and barely ever getting to leave the city for things other then work I decided it was time for a break. I have been living in the big apple now for about 4 years, and although I love it enormously I have gotten so caught up in the hustle and bustle of existing there that I had forgotten what life outside New York was like. I am happy to report that the escape has been awakening and I am happy to be on this trip.

My first stop was Austin, where I spent a little more then a month. Got to make some art with my dear friend and associate Desideria Adame and spend some fun times in the great little city of ATX. It was quite a charming place and I will definitely be returning.

The finale week of the trip was South by Southwest, one of the many great film and music festivals in Austin. I saw a ton of awesome bands-my favorite the "Japanese Action Comic Punk" band Peelander-Z. I also got to see a ton of great friends who where visiting for or playing at the festival-a couple of which I hadn't seen in over a year. One of the highlights was taking a ride on a giant mustache seasaw.

See photos of some of my favorite moments below. Stay tuned for more on my adventures of life outside the big city.

Peelander-Z

Moustache Seasaw

My besties!!!!



Hand painted kid leather gloves I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment