Sunday, May 30, 2010

Papusza Organic Textile Exhibited in Stockholm

A couple months ago awesome Swedish designer Anja Hynynen asked me if I would contribute a piece to the organic textile project she is putting together to showcase in Sweden later this summer. The textile will debut at Ekovaruhuset in the Old Town of Stockholm. See a picture and description of my contribution below and stay tuned for further details.

TITLE:

This Is What My Heart Looks Like

DESCRIPTION:

"This Is What My Heart Looks Like" is a textile created using antique lace and various organic materials. It is a personal representation of who I am as not only an artist, but also as an emotional being, and how this is connected to my creative work. Organic materials in this piece include flicker feathers, bird bones, a peacock feather and the materials used to stain the fabric. The heart shaped and border stains were created using strawberries, blackberries and beets.

This textile was handmade with love in Brooklyn, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment