Friday, March 12, 2010

Wearable Art Interview and My Heart Belongs to BK, Pt. 1

My life since moving to New York has shifted, tectonic plates, and now the stars align in so many ways that they never aligned before. I've always seen things in my own ways, but how I fit in, and that there where places this was considered a brilliant way of being, didn't become clear until after moving here. New York is a well. You dip your bucket in and out comes water-it could be gold and drinkable or it could be poison in a cup. You just have to see what cards fall into your hand, and make the most of it.

I love Brooklyn. It's sweet here, but in the most mutilated sense. And it hasn't always been easy. In the first year that I was living here I decided it was like a roller coaster, and took all the flips and with great speed and anticipation. It was such a mix of things, that first year. I cried, I laughed, I drank, I rode bikes in Williamsburg in the Spring, and danced in Bushwick in the snow. I was lonely, yet surrounded by more people then I have ever lived around in my life. I fell in love in so many different ways and got my heart broken in just as many.

The longer I've been here the clearer my niche becomes. I'm on a cloud now, going on three years at the end of this summer. I feel more exhilarated and creative then I have at any other point in my life. Living on a cloud right now, and the card that I see the clearest ahead of me is the high priestess. I thank New York for a lot of this. I have been incredibly inspired since living here.

I recently was interviewed for the Wearable Art Blog. If you have a chance read the interview and learn more about some of my favorite things in this fascinating, complex city here.

No comments:

Post a Comment