Monday, March 1, 2010

Sang Bleu Journal feature and Twitter

In November I was interviewed by the hilarious and talented journalist William Van Meter (who I met under the worst of circumstances in Iceland back in September). He interviewed me for an article for Sang Bleu Journal. I showed him my collections, and we spent a lot of time talking about my fascination with dead birds and taxidermy. We also discussed my dead bird tattoos, done by amazing tattoo artist Myles Karr, and the part that dead birds play in my life. I haven't been able to read the feature, because I have to wait until it was published, but I am anxious to see what it says.

Unfortunately there are not many places you can purchase the Journal in the states, but you will find a list of places it is sold in NYC (including the MoMa) on their website. Additionally this journal, which is published in London, is available for sale at bookstores in many metropolitan cities of Europe. I believe it can also be ordered online, although it is on the expensive side-like $50 each-but I've been told worth every penny. Issue 5, with a feature on me, will be launched in Paris at the OFR bookshop on March 8th.

You can find more info on the publication via the following link; http://sangbleu.com/issue-5/

Also, on a completely different note, I'm on twitter now! You should follow me; https://twitter.com/PapuszaCouture

No comments:

Post a Comment